Thursday, April 25, 2013

Converted Yankee Hater?

Maybe...I just don't know, I'm so confused.

One of my most favorite players is a Yankee.  (i know it happens sometimes)

So while reading http://mycardboardmistress.blogspot.com/, there was a post on a 08 UD X pack and i came across this little blurb, "while I understand Yankees hate"  and it made me think...

I seem to bash the Yankees when i get the chance, but am i a Yankee hater??

I always thought while growing up in FL, that if i every moved to NY, i would become an instant Yankee fan.  There was no MLB teams in FL at the time.  Only when i did finally get up to NY , i couldn't, it wasn't fun, I just couldn't root for them, they were suppose to win.  Maybe because Tampa had a team i liked and I have gone to games at the Trop and i was a Devil Ray/Rays fan by then.  I just couldn't throw the switch to like them. So it wasn't hate as much as was just rooting against who was suppose to win.

But this season , i dont feel any ill regards toward them.  I actually like most of their players, Ichiro, Hafner, Wells, Overbay, Youk, all players i have been a fan of since i started playing fantasy baseball in 07.  Not a player collector type of fan but players i always liked to get on my fantasy teams.  I also liked Tex on the Rangers, Granderson on the Tigers and CC on the Indians, so strange do i like the yankees now??

The main thing i had against them is that they are suppose to win.  They spend the most every year and therefore are suppose to win it.  I just couldnt root for them and liking the Rays and Sox just makes me, not a Yankee fan.

but now the Dodgers are spending more money and have more to spend

so now the Yanks arent suppose to win and i like alot of the players

am i a yankee fan now?

....

....

nope, but i think i can say, this season i won't root against them like have in the past.  Especially since i have Ichiro, Wells, and Hafner on fantasy teams.

so now being in Texas, i like the Rangers got hats and T-shirts, can't wait to get to a game in Arlington

but for now my heart still belongs to the Rays, that may change in a few years if i'm still here in Texas but who knows what the future holds. I may end up back in NY or back to FL, or who know the wife and i always wanted to live in California
 
So, Here are the 2013 Rays (i so love mlb.com's fantasy preview each year)







so wish these were cardboard

thanks for reading my little ramble

1 comment:

Fuji said...

You scared me for a second... almost thought you were going to say you turned into a Yankee fan. I was a Yankee hater for many years, but now I choose to use the word dislike, instead of hate.

I will never root for the Yankees... but that doesn't mean I don't admire the careers of certain players who played their entire careers in pinstripes: Gehrig, DiMaggio, Jeter, Posada, and Rivera.