Friday, May 21, 2010

Why Topps, Why????

Do you tease me with such a great card?

So, this is a bit of a silly post, but while at Target recently I saw a 2008 Topps Heritage Pack in one of the value packs and it reminded me of my reaction when I realized that the Evan Longoria card they show on the wrappers and box, are vastly different from the actual card.

Here is an example:

Box


Actual Card

I remember buying three blasters before final scoring the Longoria card and man, was I thrown through a loop. I looked at my box and then the card, then the box, then the card. You get the point, I was dumbfounded. Then I hopped on the computer to see if I got a variant. Nope, I got the actual card, but I want the card that is on the box. Still do, so why Topps, why????

Now I think Topps used this pose in 09 Bowman but not the exact photo or angle as the box art, you be the judge.

09 Bowman


side by side comparison

No comments: