Sunday, October 25, 2009

This Week in Cardboarding

Welcome to This Week in Cardboarding. Sorry this is the later than I usually post but I wasn't exactly sure what to buy or what go with. I wasn't procrastinating, I was not sure what to buy. I had two Longoria auctions pending and wasn't sure if I would have the budget for packs or not. Well both went for more than I wanted to spend, so while at Target today I picked up ten packs of 2009 Topps Update. I apologize for the photos and not typical scans. I mainly wanted to try it to see how it would look and see how much faster it was. Not to mention these packs had 12 cards so scanning one pack would have taken two scans. So I apologize for breaking my normal format, hope you still enjoy. On to the breaks, here is what I got:

Pack 1

Tris Speaker insert - Nice :)
Pujols and Cliff Lee I also like the action shots

Pack 2

Two Nolans :) the insert is sweet
nice pack with Randy Johnson, Hamilton, Braun, and Kinsler

Pack 3

not too much in this one
Alexi and Felix are the hilights
Pudge on the Astros? Shouldn't it be the Rangers

Pack 4

The pack of the batch for me
Beckham Turkey - me Super HAPPY :)
Feliz and LaPorta thrown in
even a Paplebon and Pena

Pack 5

Porcello Turkey and Ichiro card
happy feelings continue :)

Pack 6

a nice insert and some great action shots - enjoyable pack

Pack 7

Great photo of Ozzie on an insert and its Gold
doubles, really topps

Pack 8

Pujols propaganda card - I love these
I saw all of them online already and really want the Longoria but I may try and get the set
depending if I buy enough packs to have more than three or four

Pack 9

Reggie :) and its Gold
Pedro on the Phillies

Pack 10

Carlton insert - great photo and on St Louis
more doubles - bad topps :(


Well over all, the pictures were way faster but I am unhappy that most are blurry, I sincerely apologize for that. I will definitely spend the time on scanning because I definitely like how much better scanning looks. Live and Learn. Very happy with my packs overall, the Beckham is definitely my favorite and the Pujols is my second fav but that is more for the style of card. Thanks again for checking out This Week in Cardboarding.

2 comments:

NMCLax24 said...

That Tris Speaker Turkey Red is cool, I didn't know they were including legends in that insert set.

I really like that card of Mo's 500th save.

I wish any of the 3 local walmarts had more of a variety of 2009 cards. All i've seen are extra big packs of chrome, and SP Authentic. Do you find that your walmart does any better or do you stick to target?

chris OK said...

I shop at both, no real favorite just looking for what I like. My local Walmart had good variety until the season ended. Now all they have is Goodwin blasters and packs of a few others (Icons,X and Chrome are all that comes to mind). It doesn't help that they actually have been using the lane that the cards are in, so I usually only go over look real fast and leave because I don't want to bother the people checking out. My local Target seems to still have a good mix including 08 Topps Update and Stadium. I have three Wallyworlds and 4 Targets in the area but haven't been to any other ones in two weeks or so.