Saturday, October 10, 2009

This Week in Cardboarding

Welcome to This Week in Cardboarding. This week I will be continuing with the 2008 Heritage hobby box. This week I will be going down the middle row of packs, top to bottom. Here is what I got:

Pack9

wandy, galarraga, wiggington set help
matthews insert

Pack 10

hunter, pena jones, garza set help
insert - i am not a fan of non baseball inserts in baseball products

Pack 11

giants and gordon set help

Pack 12

kemp chrome
braun, combo, rowand set help

Pack 13

combo, hudson, carpenter, white sox set help

Pack 14

ichiro - yeah! now i have one for my pc and set
fuld, mora, sanchez, gagne set help

Pack 15

mike baxes auto - i dont get this, he only played two mlb seasons, why is he a hit card
morneau, marquis, drew, jennings set help

Pack 16

kendrick, lucy, gutierrez, banks set help

Well eight more packs down and some much needed set help. A really weak hit card if you can call it that. No offense meant toward Mr. Baxes, he got to play in the majors. Which is more than I have ever done in baseball. I looked him up and he didn't do anything worthy of including him in product 50 years after he played. Maybe I missed something but I didn't find anything on him that made me say wow I learned something or that was neat or I'm glad I got this card. If I'm wrong on Mr. Baxes, please let me know.

Also included in hobby boxes are panels - another thing I don't understand.
The Panel



Thanks again for checking out This Week in Cardboarding.

1 comment:

NMCLax24 said...

Haha the auto did seem kinda weak, and the panel idea is kinda silly.

I'd like to trade for the: Joba, The Yankees Run Preventers, and the Nick Markakis if they are available. Send me an email at nicocritelli@yahoo.com to let me know :)